Sie sind hier: Skip Navigation LinksAkademie für berufliche Qualifizierung am UKL

Training in the healthcare system

What training do we offer?

University of Leipzig Medical Center offers a dual system of training for:

  • Office management assistants
  • Qualified dental assistants
  • Pharmaceutical commercial assistants
  • Qualified medical assistants
  • Animal care staff

Our trainees in these professions attend a state vocational school.


  • Health care professionals and nurses
  • Physiotherapists
  • Medical-technical laboratory assistants (MTLA)
  • Dieticians
  • Medical-technical radiology assistants (MTRA)
  • Orthoptists

Training courses usually last for three years. Candidates for one of the above courses must have achieved a good or very good mark in their Realschule or Abitur leaving examination, and must meet the health requirements for the respective profession.

Additional information is available on the German website of the UKL.



​You can complete a dual study programme at University of Leipzig Medical Center.
We are currently collaborating with the following partners:

Additional information is available on the German website of the UKL.​

What are the formal requirements?

If you would like to embark on a training course at UKL, our requirements are as follows:​

If you are still living abroad, you will need to apply for a combined visa and work permit from your local German embassy or consulate. You will also need to meet the above criteria.

EU citizens do not require a visa or work permit, but they will still need to fulfil all of the conditions listed above.

Information about obtaining recognition for your foreign school-leaving certificate and the procedure to follow if you are having your copies officially certified is available here: or

It can cost between Euro 30 and Euro 400 to have your foreign school-leaving certificate recognised.

Official certifications  are issued by every public authority with its own official seal (e.g. state and municipal authorities such as city councils and municipal administrations, district councils, citizens' offices, branches of the State Office for School and Education, as well as parish offices).

Translations must be obtained from a translator in Germany with the relevant certification. A database of certified translators for all languages can be found at

Applications may be submitted from the first of September of the year preceding that in which you wish to commence your training course.​

What can we offer you?

  • ​​We will help you to obtain an equivalence certificate for your school-leaving qualifications​ you obtained abroad.
  • We will provide support with occupational and social integration
  • We will help you to find accommodation, improve your language skills, and deal with red tape.
  • We can offer you flexible working hours, career opportunities and much more. 10x better –​ what we offer as employer​ 

What forms do I need to complete for my application?

If you would like to apply, please contact us directly.

We will need you to supply the following documents:​

  • a covering letter / letter of application (max. 1 page)
  • a CV in tabular form including your telephone number and email address
  • translated and officially certified copies of your most recent school qualification and your birth certificate
  • a certified copy of proof of recognition of your foreign school qualification by the State Office for School and Education (Landesamt für Schule und Bildung: LaSuB)
  • a certified copy of your B2 or C1/C2 certificate of language proficiency
  • a certified copy of your residence permit for Germany
  • copies of German translations of your internship certificates and assessments​

Who should I contact if I have any questions?

If you have any questions or need further information, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
You should contact:

Doris Gering
Tel.: 0049 341 97 26035

Akademie für berufliche Qualifizierung, Fort- und Weiterbildung
(Academy for Professional Qualification, Training and Development)​​​

Richterstraße, 9 - 11
04105 Leipzig
0341 - 97 25100