You are here: Skip Navigation Links​University of Leipzig Medical Center



What are the formal requirements?

If you are seeking employment as one of UKL's doctors, our requirements are as follows:

If you are still living abroad, you will need to apply for a combined visa and work permit from your local German embassy or consulate. You will also need to meet the above criteria.

EU citizens do not require a visa or work permit, but they will still need to fulfil all of the conditions listed above.

You can obtain detailed information about engaging in medical work in the Free State of Saxony from the Sächsische Landesärztekammer (State Medical Council of Saxony).

What can we offer you?

  • ​​We will help you to obtain an equivalence certificate for doctor's qualifications you obtained abroad.
  • We will provide support with occupational and social integration
  • We will help you to find accommodation, improve your language skills, and deal with red tape.
  • We can offer you flexible working hours, career opportunities and much more. 10x better –​ what we offer as employer​ ​​

I meet the formal requirements – how do I apply?

​Great that you are interested in a position as a doctor with us!

Here you will find our vacant positions in the medival service (only in German). Apply for your desired position with the following documents:

      • a covering letter in German language
      • a CV in tabular form
      • into German translated and officially certified copies of your degree certificate, academic transcript and birth certificate
      • a C1/C2 certificate of German language proficiency
      • an extended police clearance certificate (or similar) references


Attention! Please ensure that you meet the formal requirements above.


We look forward to receiving your application!